How to root Samsung Galaxy S10 SM-G973F Android 9 Pie using ODIN software. Root files Included TWRP_S10_Magisk_Prepatched.tar for Galaxy S10 SM-G973F, Encryption_Disabler_S10_S10+_S10E.zip. Read notes / Warning on the bottom of this post before perform root your Samsung Galaxy S10 ( Exynos only! ). Take it your own risk! Follow the instruction carefully and read the warning! Make sure to backup all your important data!
Step by step Rooting Samsung Galaxy S10 SM-G973F Android 9 Pie :
Tools that must be prepared:
- Enable Developer Options: go to Settings -> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Enable OEM unlock and USB debugging options ( Settings -> Developer options )
- Download and Extract ODIN from https://odindownload.com/SamsungOdin/
- Download and Install Samsung Mobile Phone Drivers: http://developer.samsung.com/technical-doc/view.do?v=T000000117
- Download TWRP_S10_Magisk_Prepatched.tar for Galaxy S10 SM-G973F
- Download Encryption_Disabler_S10_S10+_S10E.zip
Install TWRP and Root file on Galaxy S10 SM-G973F Android 9 Pie
- Make sure your phone isn’t RMM Locked. If RMM Locked or you can not see OEM unlock options in Developer options.
- Open ODIN software
- In Option make sure to ticked F.Reset Time only and disable Auto-Reboot.
- In Files Download ticked AP and pointing to the location of TWRP .tar file
- Enter Download Mode ( Connected USB Cable to PC, Turn Power off the phone, Press and hold Bixby + Volume Down keys together then while pressing these keys connecting the phone to PC with USB Cable Data, release all keys when Download Mode appears )
- In Download Mode you see the long press Volume Up option for unlock Bootloader. Unlock the bootloader ( that will wipe your device so be sure to backup of your data )
- After Bootloader unlock, reboot the phone and make sure it is connected to the internet or triggers KG State / RMM State Prenormal.
- Setup the phone without google account etc
- Reboot the phone in Recovery mode and perform a factory reset
- Reboot to Download mode and flash the TWRP_S10_Magisk_Prepatched.tar.
- Reboot to TWRP Recovery Mode by holding vol up + power key, release all keys when you are in TWRP Recovery Mode.
- Flashing Encryption_Disabler_S10_S10+_S10E.zip ( note: he needs to get flashed every time you reflash a vendor partition ) MAKE SURE YOU HAVE IT ON EXTERNAL SD CARD SINCE MTP does not SUPPORT TO TWRP OR MTP WILL BE BROKEN WHEN SYSTEM IS BOOTED.
- For rooting, Reboot to TWRP Recovery and Install Magisk.
NOTE: For boot then all other times rooted press Vol up + Bixby + Power key until you see S10 logo and release it.
If for any reason you fail to install TWRP multiple times/different methods or something goes wrong and you want to flash the ROM visit this post How to flash ROM on Galaxy S10 SM-G973F.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status !
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.