How to root Samsung Galaxy S10+ SM-G975F (Exynos) with Magisk Canary Release. I will show you how step by step how to root it, like how to unlock bootloader, how to convert AP tar file to magisk_patched.tar that you can flash. Take it your own risk! make sure to backup all your important data, some steps will ask you to wipe / format data.
Rooting Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Exynos) with Magisk Canary :
- Unlock bootloader: read this post how to unlock Samsung Galaxy S10+ SM-G975F bootloader.
- Download the firmware Galaxy S10+ SM-G975F for free.
- Unzip the firmware and copy the AP tar file to your device. It is normally named as AP_[device_model_sw_ver].tar.md5
- Install Magisk Manager Canary Release app-release.pk
- In Magisk Manager: Install → Install → Select and Patch a File
- Select the AP tar file. Magisk Manager will patch the whole firmware file and store the output to [Internal Storage]/Download/magisk_patched.tar. Copy the tar file to your PC
- Enter Download Mode ( Connected USB Cable to PC, Turn Power off the phone, Press and hold Volume Down + Bixby keys together then while pressing these keys connecting the phone to PC with USB Cable Data, release all keys when Download Mode appears ).
- Flash magisk_patched.tar as AP in ODIN
Important: Uncheck “Auto Reboot” in Options!!!!
- Magisk is now successfully flashed to your device! But there are still several steps before you properly use the device.
- We now want to boot into the stock recovery to factory reset our device.
Full data wipe is mandatory! Do not skip this step.
Press Power + Volume Down to exit download mode, and as soon as the screen turns off, immediately press Power + Bixby + Volume Up to boot to recovery partition. Just as mentioned in the previous section, since we want to boot into stock recovery, continue pressing the volume up button until you see the stock recovery screen.
- In the stock recovery menu, use volume buttons to navigate through menus, and the power button to select the option. Select Wipe data/factory reset to wipe the data of the device.
- This time, we can finally boot to the system with Magisk. Select Reboot system now, and immediately press Power + Bixby + Volume Up. After seeing the splash screen, release all buttons so it can boot to the system.
- The device will automatically reboot for the first time it boots. This is completely normal and done by design.
- After the device is booted up, do the usual initial setup. The following steps will need internet connection.
- If you can not see Magisk Manager in your phone, you need to install the APK manually. it will automatically upgrade to the full Magisk Manager when you open it.
- Magisk Manager will ask to do additional setups. Let it do its job and the app will automatically reboot your device.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status !
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.
Source: XDA-developers forum