How to root Samsung Galaxy J4+ SM-J415GN Android 9 Pie using ODIN software. Root files Included TWRP (twrp_3.2.3-1_sm-j415f_30319.tar) Galaxy J4+ SM-J415GN, disable_All_pie_security.zip, Kernel For Latin Region. Read notes / Warning on the bottom of this post before perform root your Samsung Galaxy J4+. Take it your own risk! Follow the instruction carefully and read the warning! Make sure to backup all your important data!
Step by step Rooting Samsung Galaxy J4+ Android 9 Pie :
Tools that must be prepared:
- Enable Developer Options: go to Settings -> About phone -> Software information -> Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Enable OEM unlock and USB debugging options ( Settings -> Developer options )
- Download and Extract ODIN https://odindownload.com/SamsungOdin/
- Download and Install Samsung Mobile Phone Drivers (ignore this if you have installed): http://developer.samsung.com/technical-doc/view.do?v=T000000117
- Download TWRP ( twrp_3.2.3-1_sm-j415f_30319.tar ) for Samsung Galaxy J4+ SM-J415GN
Install TWRP and Root file on Samsung Galaxy J4+ Android 9 Pie
- Make sure your phone isn’t RMM Locked. If RMM Locked or you can not see OEM unlock options in Developer options.
- Open ODIN software
- In Option make sure to ticked F.Reset Time only and disable Auto-Reboot.
- Select AP button and pointing to the location of TWRP .tar file
- Connected USB Cable to PC
- Reboot Phone in Download Mode ( Turn Power off the phone, Press and hold Volume Down + Volume Up keys together then while pressing these keys connecting the phone to PC with USB Cable Data, release all keys when Download Mode appears. Press Volume Up to continue )
- Odin software will auto detect port of your device, after detected device, klik Start, wait for a moment.
- Once Odin3 finished to flash the recovery (you should see a “PASSED” message)
- To get out of Download mode and Enter TWRP Recovery mode: Press and hold Volume Down + Power key, when the screen is off release Volume Down key only and immediately press and hold Volume Up key while keep pressing Power key. Release all keys when TWRP Recovery appears.
- Install disable_All_pie_security.zip
- Install J4 plus disable encryption
- Decrypt data partition touch Wipe>Format Data, type “yes” and confirming it.
- Install Kernel SM-J415GN as boot
- Install Magisk
- Reboot to System.
- Enable developer option and disable auto update system
- Warning! DON’T SET LOCK SCREEN AND FACE LOCK until it’s fixed.
If for any reason you fail to install TWRP multiple times/different methods, make sure you check this thread and if something goes wrong and you want to flash the ROM visit this post How to flash ROM on Galaxy J4+.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status !
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.
Source: xda-developers forum