How to root and flashing TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy A52. Rooting will use Magisk v23.0 that fixed safetyNet API error and bypass safetyNet. TWRP for Samsung Galaxy A52 is brought to you by RealVelosh@XDA. Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system which are functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
Download and Terms
- The phone bootloader must be unlocked, if not read How to unlock bootloader Galaxy A52
- Download TWRP twrp-3.5.2_10-0-a52q.tar
- Download Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_11.02.2020.zip
- Download Universal SafetyNet fix: safetynet-fix-v1.1.1.zip
- Download Magisk-v23.0.apk stable Rename to Magisk-v23.0.zip
- Copy ROM to SD Card
- Make sure the bootloader unlocked, the OEM Unlocking option is grey out
- Enter Download Mode : Turn Power Off. Press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down key together, while pressing these keys, connect the phone to computer, then press volume up once.
- Open ODIN, IMPORTANT!: Uncheck “Auto Reboot” in Options!
- Flashing twrp-3.5.2_10-0-a52q.tar as AP in ODIN, then click start.
- DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP! Don’t remove USB Cable, let it connected. Press and hold Volume Down + Power Key, when the screen blank quickly press and hold Volume Up + Power key until red warning “This phone is not running Samsung’s official software…” disappears. Then release all keys. It will take more time than usual until TWRP recovery appears.
- Select Wipe -> Format data, type ‘yes’ and confirm
- Select Install – select Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_11.02.2020.zip, Swipe to confirm Flash
- Select Reboot to System if you don’t want to install Magisk or Reboot to Recovery for installing Magisk.
- Select Install – select Magisk-v23.0.apk, Swipe to confirm Flash
- Select Reboot to System
- Setup the phone
Rooting and Bypass SafetyNet
- Connect Phone to Internet
- Install Magisk and Open it. Magisk will ask to do additional setups. Let it do its job and the app will automatically reboot your device.
- Install safetynet-fix-v1.1.1.zip ( Bypass SafetyNet )
- Reboot from magisk
- Open Settings
- Enable MagiskHide option
Watch this video!
If you want to uninstall custom recovery and back to stock ROM, just flash the stock ROM to your device. Flashing stock ROM will also uninstall custom Recovery and it will back to stock Android Recovery.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, flash custom rom and Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status!
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.