How to Flash TWRP and Root Samsung Galaxy A30 Android 10 Q. It may be works for other variants SM-A305F, SM-A305FN, SM-A305G, SM-A305GN, SM-A305YN, SM-A3050, SM-A305N, SM-A305GT. This Root method use TWRP and Magisk patched. Read notes / Warning on the bottom of this post before perform root your Samsung Galaxy A30. Take it your own risk! Follow the instruction carefully and Make sure to backup all your important data!
Step by step Rooting Samsung Galaxy A30 Android 10 Q
- Enable Developer Options: go to Settings -> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Enable OEM unlock and USB debugging options ( Settings -> Developer options )
- Make sure the bootloader are unlocked, If not read How to unlock Bootloader
- Download and Extract ODIN v3.13.1 from https://odindownload.com/SamsungOdin/
- Download and Install Samsung Mobile Phone Drivers: http://developer.samsung.com/technical-doc/view.do?v=T000000117
- Download Latest Magisk Manager ( MagiskManager-v7.5.1.apk )
- Download twrp_10_BY_IGOR&Bharat+Dev+Burman.tar
- Download Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_xx.xx.2020.zip
Flashing TWRP and Rooting Galaxy A30 Android 10 Q :
- Make sure the bootloader are unlocked, OEM unlock option is grey
- Enter Download Mode : Turn Power Off. Press and hold Volume Up key + Power Key, When Samsung Logo appears release Power Key only, keep pressing Volume Up key until Android Recovery Mode Appears. Select Reboot to bootloader.
- Open ODIN, IMPORTANT!: Uncheck “Auto Reboot” in Options!
- Flashing twrp_10_BY_IGOR&Bharat+Dev+Burman.tar as AP in ODIN,
- Connect to the phone to computer then click start.
- Magisk is now successfully flashed to your device! Several steps before you can properly use the device.
- DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP! Press and hold Volume Down + Power Key, when the screen blank quickly press and hold Volume Up + Power key, when Samsung Logo appears release Power key only, keep pressing Volume Up key until TWRP Recovery Mode Appears.
- Select Wipe -> Format data.
- Copy Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_xx.xx.2020.zip to phone
- Install Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_xx.xx.2020.zip
- Select Reboot to Recovery
- Setup the phone
- Connect the phone to Internet wait for a moment, make sure OEM unlock option is grey
- Install Magisk Manager. Magisk Manager will ask to do additional setups. Let it do its job and the app will automatically reboot your device.
- Done! You can use Root Checker to check it, Enjoy!
If something goes wrong and you want to unroot it, just flash the ROM to make it works again. Read How to flash Galaxy A30.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status !
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.
Watch this video: