TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy A50 SM-A505FN ASH2 Firmware. It may be works for other variants SM-A505F, SM-A505FN, SM-A505GN, SM-A505G, SM-A505FM, SM-A505YN. The TWRP Recovery worked with Magisk for rooting. Read notes / Warning on the bottom of this post before flashing TWRP recovery on your Samsung Galaxy A50. Take it your own risk! Follow the instruction carefully and Make sure to backup all your important data!
Step by step flashing TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy A50 Android 9 Pie
- Enable Developer Options: go to Settings -> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Enable OEM unlock and USB debugging options ( Settings -> Developer options )
- Make the bootloader are unlocked if not read How to unlock Bootloader
- Download and Extract ODIN v3.13.1 from https://odindownload.com/SamsungOdin/
- Download and Install Samsung Mobile Phone Drivers: http://developer.samsung.com/technical-doc/view.do?v=T000000117
- Download TWRP_3.3.1_A50_A505_ASH2_MAGISK_PATCHED_working_mtp.tar and multidisabler-samsung-1.5.zip
Flashing TWRP Recovery on Galaxy A50 Android 9 Pie :
- Make sure the bootloader are unlocked
- Enter Download Mode : Turn Power Off. Press and hold Volume Up key + Power Key, When Samsung Logo appears release Power Key only, keep pressing Volume Up key until Android Recovery Mode Appears. Select Reboot to bootloader. Connect your Samsung Galaxy to PC using USB Cable.
- IMPORTANT!: Uncheck “Auto Reboot” in Options!
- Flashing TWRP_3.3.1_A50_A505_ASH2_MAGISK_PATCHED_working_mtp.tar as AP in ODIN, then click start.
- Magisk is now successfully flashed to your device! Several steps before you can properly use the device.
- DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP! Press and hold Volume Down + Power Key, when the screen blank quickly press and hold Volume Up + Power key, when Samsung Logo appears release Power key only, keep pressing Volume Up key until TWRP Recovery Mode Appears.
- Select Wipe -> Format data.
- Copy multidisabler-samsung-1.5.zip to phone
- Install multidisabler-samsung-1.5.zip
- Select Reboot to Recovery
- Done! If you want to root it you can read How to Root Galaxy A50 SM-A505FN ( TWRP + Magisk )
If something goes wrong and you want to unroot it, just flash the ROM to make it works again. Read How to flash Galaxy A50.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, Flashing TWRP Recovery will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status !
- If your device storage is encrypted, Flashing TWRP Recovery will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.
Source: XDA-Developer Forums