TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy A50 SM-A505YN ASL3 Firmware, December 2019 Software Update. It may be works for other variants SM-A505F, SM-A505FN, SM-A505GN, SM-A505G, SM-A505FM, SM-A505YN. The TWRP Recovery are included patched Magisk v20.1 . Read notes / Warning on the bottom of this post before flashing TWRP recovery on your Samsung Galaxy A50. Take it your own risk! Follow the instruction carefully and Make sure to backup all your important data!
Step by step flashing TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy A50 SM-A505YN Android 9 Pie
- Enable Developer Options: go to Settings -> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Enable OEM unlock and USB debugging options ( Settings -> Developer options )
- Make sure the bootloader are unlocked, If not read How to unlock Bootloader
- Download and Extract ODIN v3.13.1 from https://odindownload.com/SamsungOdin/
- Download and Install Samsung Mobile Phone Drivers: http://developer.samsung.com/technical-doc/view.do?v=T000000117
- Download Latest Magisk Manager ( MagiskManager-v7.4.0.apk )
- Download TWRP_3.3.1_A50_A505_ASK9_MAGISK_PATCHED.tar original page on xda-developer you can find the link on the page. The page did not update, the TWRP is mentioned for ASH2 firmware but the downloaded file can be used for ASL3 firmware ( December software update )
- Download multidisabler-samsung-2.2.zip
Flashing TWRP Recovery on Galaxy A50 SM-A505YN Android 9 Pie :
- Make sure the bootloader are unlocked, OEM unlock option is grey
- Enter Download Mode : Turn Power Off. Press and hold Volume Up key + Power Key, When Samsung Logo appears release Power Key only, keep pressing Volume Up key until Android Recovery Mode Appears. Select Reboot to bootloader.
- Open ODIN, IMPORTANT!: Uncheck “Auto Reboot” in Options!
- Connect to the phone to computer
- Flashing TWRP_3.3.1_A50_A505_ASK9_MAGISK_PATCHED.tar as AP in ODIN, then click start.
- Magisk is now successfully flashed to your device! Several steps before you can properly use the device.
- DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP! Press and hold Volume Down + Power Key, when the screen blank quickly press and hold Volume Up + Power key, when Samsung Logo appears release Power key only, keep pressing Volume Up key until TWRP Recovery Mode Appears.
- Select Wipe -> Format data.
- Copy multidisabler-samsung-2.2.zip to phone
- Install multidisabler-samsung-2.2.zip
- Select Reboot to Recovery
- Setup the phone
- You must Connect the phone to Internet and wait for a moment, make sure OEM unlock option is grey. Done!
- If you want to root it, you read post How to root How to Root Samsung Galaxy A50 ASL3 Firmware
If something goes wrong, just flash the ROM to make it works again. Read How to flash Galaxy A50.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, Flashing TWRP Recovery will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status !
- If your device storage is encrypted, Flashing TWRP Recovery will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.
Watch this video: