How to Flash TWRP and Root Samsung Galaxy A50s SM-A507FN DUG4-U5 BIT 5 (BINARY/U/SW REV) Android 11. The TWRP Recovery support Galaxy A50s One UI 3.1 Android 11 firmware, Android security patch level: 1 August 2021. It will use The TWRP 3.5.1 that I have Patched with Magisk v23.0. Use it at your own risk! Follow the instructions carefully and Make sure to backup all your important data!
Downloads and Terms
- Enable Developer Options: go to Settings -> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Enable OEM unlock and USB debugging options ( Settings -> Developer options )
- Make sure the bootloader are unlocked, If not read How to unlock Bootloader A50s
- Download and Extract ODIN v3.13.1 from https://odindownload.com/SamsungOdin/
- Download and Install Samsung Mobile Phone Drivers
- Download TWRP-3.5.1_9-0-A50s_A11_Magisk.tar
- Download multidisabler_samsung.zip
Flashing TWRP v3.5.1 and Root Galaxy A50s DUG4-U5 firmware Android 11 :
- Make sure the bootloader are unlocked, OEM unlock option is grey out
- Enter Download Mode : Turn Power Off. Press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down key together, while pressing these keys, connect the phone to computer, then press volume up once.
- Open ODIN, IMPORTANT!: Uncheck “Auto Reboot” in Options!
- Flashing TWRP-3.5.1_9-0-A50s_A11_Magisk.tar as AP in ODIN, then click start.
- DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP! Don’t remove USB Cable, let it connected. Press and hold Volume Down + Power Key, when the screen blank quickly press and hold Volume Up + Power key, when Samsung Logo appears release Power key only, keep pressing Volume Up key until TWRP Recovery Appears.
- Select Wipe -> Format data, type ‘yes’ and confirm
- Copy multidisabler_samsung.zip to phone, ignore this if you copied to SD Card
- Select Install – select multidisabler_samsung.zip Swipe to confirm Flash
- Select Reboot to Recovery ( for rooting ) or Reboot to System
- Setup the phone
- Connect Phone to Internet
- Install Magisk app and Open it. Magisk will ask to do additional setups. Let it do its job and the app will automatically reboot your device.
Watch This Video!
If something goes wrong and you want to unroot it, just flash the ROM to make it works again. Read How to flash Galaxy A50s.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status !
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.