Download new Google Recorder app for Galaxy A50 and it works for other devices: Google Pixel, Huawei, LG, Motorola, Samsung Galaxy, Nokia, Sony Xperia. The latest application of Google Recorder can directly translate the recorded sound into writing or text. This application is available in the December 2019 software update. Initially this was only available for Google Pixel Smartphone products. At this time Google Recorder only supports US – English languages. Maybe this will be a problem for those of us who are not fluent in English.
This application is very helpful for students or reporters who can quickly create articles without having to repeat to listen to recordings.
Thanks to Sumedh_, XDA Senior Member who has ported it to A50 and this not only works for Galaxy A50 but also for other Android devices.
Android smartphone running Android 9 Pie or Android 10. The app wasn’t built for Android versions older than Android 9 Pie.
Android software without significant modifications to the TextView component in the Android framework. It seems that the Google Recorder app fails to work properly on certain devices because those devices are running software with modifications to TextView. There’s no way to tell if this app will work on your device without actually testing it, though, so we went ahead and tested it on a bunch of different phones to save you the trouble:
- Google Pixel and Pixel XL running Android 10
- Huawei and Honor phones running EMUI 9 (Android 9 Pie) or EMUI 10 (Android 10)
- LG phones running LG UX 8.0 (Android 9 Pie)
- Motorola phones running Android 9 Pie
- Nokia phones running Android 9 Pie
- Samsung Galaxy phones running One UI 1.0/1.5 (Android 9 Pie) or One UI 2.0 (Android 10)
- Sony Xperia phones running Android 9 Pie or Android 10
- Any phone running a custom ROM based on AOSP Android 9 Pie or Android 10
Partially Works (recording works but transcriptions aren’t visible after saving)
- ASUS phones running ROG UI 2.0/ZenUI 6.0 based on Android 9 Pie or Android 10
- OPPO and Realme phones running ColorOS 6 based on Android 9 Pie
- OnePlus phones running OxygenOS 10 based on Android 10
- Xiaomi phones running MIUI 10 or MIUI 11