How to Install CAOS ROM Android 10 Q on Samsung Galaxy A50s. CAOS comes with ROM OS Android 10 Q. ROM Firmware Required: TWRP Recovery and Quantum kernel GSI. Version Information Status: Stable GSI ROM caos-v217-200527-arm64ab-vanilla. To install this Custom ROM, your phone must be installed TWRP Recovery, Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Your phone must be Installed TWRP Recovery for Android 10. If not, you can read How to Flash TWRP on Samsung Galaxy A50s Android 10 Q.
- Download caos-v217-200527-arm64ab-vanilla ( extract it to get img file, use 7-zip )
- Download Open GAPPS open_gapps-arm64-10.0-nano-20200408.zip ( If you need )
- Copy CAOS img and GApps to SD Card
How to Install CAOS rom on Samsung Galaxy A50s:
- Enter TWRP Recovery Mode: Turn power off; Press and hold Volume Up key + Power key, when samsung logo appears release power key only, keep pressing volume up until TWRP recovery appears
- Select Wipe – Format data
- Reboot to Power off
- Enter TWRP Recovery again
- Copy image file to phone, ignore this if you have copied to SD card
- Select Install ( If image file in SD Card: Select Storage – Micro SD card – OK ) – Install Image – select Caos rom img – thick “System Image” and Confirm to flash
- Select Reboot – System ( ignore this if you want to install GApps )
- Install GApps
- Select Wipe – Advanced Wipe – select “System” – Repair or Change File System – Resize File System – Confirm to Resize
- Select Mount – select “System” & “Vendor”
- Select Install – select open_gapps-arm64-10.0-nano-20200408.zip and Confirm Flash
- Reboot – System
If you want to uninstall this custom ROM and back to stock ROM, just flash the stock ROM to your device. Flashing stock ROM will also uninstall TWRP Recovery and it will back to stock Android Recovery.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, flash custom rom and Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status!
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.
Watch this video: