How to Install Corvus OS v5.0 / 5.5 Android 10 Q on Xiaomi Redmi 3s and How to fix Update Process Ended with Error: 7. Before install this rom the Redmi 3s must be installed TWRP Recovery. Official website quote “Corvus OS is another retarded ROM with many retarded Customization. First, it’s inspired by Dirty Unicorns (thanks to Alex Cruz), but then we picked many other features too. Our objectives are a stable and feature ROM that can be enjoyed by many devices. We won’t say that Corvus is better ROM than others, but we always try to give you the best.” Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
Download Corvus OS ROM, GAPPS
- You can download it from https://sourceforge.net/projects/corvus-os/ Official corvus OS rom website, you can use Corvus v5.0 or latest v5.5 with land code. Latest Corvus rom Corvus_v5.5-land-26052020-OFFICIAL-1826.zip
- Installed TWRP, if not you can read this post How to Root Xiaomi Redmi 3S with TWRP + SuperSU
- Download open_gapps-arm64-10.0-nano-20200408 or latest, you can ignore this if you don’t want to install it
- Copy ROM and Gapps to Micro SD Card
- Enter TWRP Recovery: Turn off the phone, press and hold volume keys + Power key, when Mi logo appears release all keys
- Select Wipe – Format Data and confirm
- Wipe – Advanced- select Dalvik. System, data, Internal Storage, Cache and confirm
- Install Corvus ROM, Select Install – Select Storage – Select MicroSD – Select Corvus ROM
- If you get this Error message “Update Process Ended with Error: 7” You must edit the ROM. Visit this link How to edit the ROM to fix the error message
- Then Flashing Edited Corvus ROM, repeat step 4
- Install GAPPS, Select Install – Select Storage – Select MicroSD – Select GAPPS zip file
- Select Reboot to System
If you want to uninstall this custom ROM and back to stock ROM, just flash the stock ROM to your device. Flashing stock ROM will also uninstall TWRP Recovery and it will back to stock Android Recovery.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, flash custom rom and Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status!
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.
Watch this video: