How to Install LineageOS FE on Samsung Galaxy A52 – Android 11 GSI. LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. To install this Custom ROM, your phone must be installed TWRP Custom Recovery. Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Your phone must be Installed TWRP Recovery, If not you can read How to Install TWRP Recovery R11 on Samsung Galaxy A52
- Download losfe-arm64-bvN-userdebug.img.xz ( extract it to get img file, use 7-zip )
- Download kernel Kakarot-UNI-1-A52-2021-05-13-23-11.zip
- Download ChonDoe_Flasher.zip
- Download deviceid-1.3.0-7.apk
- Download A11_magisk_patch.zip
- Download latest open_gapps-arm64-11.0-nano-20210130-TEST.zip ( if necessary )
How to use ChonDoe_Flasher
- Rename losfe-arm64-bvN-userdebug.img to system.img
- Copy ChonDoe_Flasher.zip and system.img to external sd card or Internal Storage in the same place. You can also put it into a folder that you want. In the video below I named the folder with “ROM”. Copy both to the ROM folder.
For more detail read How to Install GSI and GAPPS on Dynamic Partition Samsung Galaxy A51
How to Install LineageOS FE Android 11 on Samsung Galaxy A52:
- Enter TWRP Recovery Mode: Turn power off, Connect the phone with a USB cable, Press and hold Volume Up + Power Key, release all keys when Samsung Logo Appears.
- Select Wipe – Advanced wipe ( select “Dalvik, Cache, Data” ) – Swipe to wipe
- Select Install ChonDoe_Flasher.zip and Swipe to confirm Flash
- Select Install Kakarot-UNI-1-A52-2021-05-13-23-11.zip and Swipe to confirm Flash
- Select Wipe – Format Data – type “yes” and confirm
- Select Reboot – System
Fix This device isn’t Play Protect certified
- Connect to Internet
- Install Device ID app
- Copy Google Service Framework (GSF)
- Open Google Play Store
- Sign-in google account
- Open Device registration page
- Paste GSF to Google Service Framework Android ID on Device Registration page
- Restart the phone
- Open Google Play Store and Sign in again
Rooting If Necessary
- Enter TWRP Recovery Mode: Turn power off, Connect the phone with a USB cable to computer, Press and hold Volume Up + Power Key until TWRP Recovery Mode Appears.
- Install A11_magisk_patch.zip
- Select Reboot Recovery
- Connect phone to internet
- Open Magisk App, it will ask to do additional setups. Let it do its job and the app will automatically reboot your device.
Install GApps if necessary
- Enter TWRP Recovery Mode: Turn power off, Connect the phone with a USB cable, Press and hold Volume Up + Power Key until TWRP Recovery Mode Appears.
- Select Install – select open_gapps-arm64-11.0-nano-20210130-TEST.zip Swipe to confirm Flash
- Select Reboot – System
Watch this video
If you want to uninstall this custom ROM and back to stock ROM, just flash the stock ROM to your device. Flashing stock ROM will also uninstall TWRP Recovery and it will back to stock Android Recovery.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, flash custom rom and Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status!
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.