How to Install LineageOS 18.0 UNOFFICIAL Android 11 on Samsung Galaxy A50. LineageOS 18.0 UNOFFICIAL comes with ROM OS Android 11 and basic feature only developed by @Andyyan and This ROM is for testing and not for daily use. This ROM Required: Installed TWRP Recovery. Version Information Status: Testing, lineage-18.0-20201008-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_bvS ( ARM64-AB ). Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Your phone must be Installed TWRP Recovery for Android 10. If not, you can read TWRP 184.108.40.206 for Galaxy A50 Android 10 Q
- Download lineage-18.0-20201008-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_bvS.img.xz ( extract it to get img file, use 7-zip )
- Download open_gapps-arm64-11.0-nano-20200911-UNOFFICIAL.zip ( if necessary )
- Copy ROM OS img and GApps to SD Card (recommended)
How to Install LineageOS 18.0 on Samsung Galaxy A50:
- Enter TWRP Recovery Mode: Turn power off; Press and hold Volume Up key + Power key, when samsung logo appears release power key only, keep pressing volume up until TWRP recovery appears
- Select Wipe – Format data ( type “yes” and confirm )
- Select Wipe – Advanced wipe ( select “Dalvik, Cache, System” ) – Swipe to wipe
- Copy image file to phone, ignore this if you have copied to SD card
- Select Install ( If image file in SD Card: Select Storage – Micro SD card – OK ) – Install Image – select lineage-18.0-20201008-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_bvS.img – select “System Image” and Swipe to confirm flash
- Select Reboot – System
Install GApps if necessary
- Enter TWRP Recovery
- Select Wipe – Advanced Wipe ( select “System” ) – Repair or Change File System – Resize File System – Swipe to Resize
- Select Mount – ( select “System, Vendor” ), Back to home
- Select Install ( If file in SD Card: Select Storage – Micro SD card – OK ) – select open_gapps-arm64-11.0-nano-20200911-UNOFFICIAL.zip Swipe to confirm Flash
- Select Reboot – System
If you want to uninstall this custom ROM and back to stock ROM, just flash the stock ROM to your device. Flashing stock ROM will also uninstall TWRP Recovery and it will back to stock Android Recovery.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, flash custom rom and Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status!
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.