How to Patch Magisk v19.3 to Samsung Galaxy A50 Firmware. It will root your Samsung Galaxy A50. This Root method use Magisk Manager v7.2.0 and Patch Magisk v19.3 to AP tar file using Magisk Manager Custom Channel Update. Read notes / Warning on the bottom of this post before perform root your Samsung Galaxy A50. Take it your own risk! Follow the instruction carefully and Make sure to backup all your important data!
- Enable Developer Options: go to Settings -> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Enable OEM unlock option and USB debugging options ( Settings -> Developer options )
- Unlock Bootloader If not, read How to unlock bootloader Galaxy A50
- Download and Extract ODIN v3.13.1 from https://odindownload.com/SamsungOdin/
- Download and Install Samsung Mobile Phone Drivers: http://developer.samsung.com/technical-doc/view.do?v=T000000117
- Download Magisk Manager ( MagiskManager-v7.2.0.apk )
- Custom channel link for Magisk v19.3: https://github.com/topjohnwu/magisk_files/raw/a03d879d3512e2c0d49ca68b43344c9323dc8a4f/stable.json Save this link to CustMagiskv193.txt file and copy to phone, open the txt file on your phone then you can copy and paste the custom link to Custom Channel Magisk Manager.
Patched Magisk v19.3 to AP .tar and Rooting Galaxy A50 Android 9 Pie:
- Download the firmware Galaxy A50.
- Unzip the firmware and copy the AP tar file to your device. It is normally named as AP_[device_model_sw_ver].tar.md5. Copy AP tar file and MagiskManager-v7.2.0.apk to your phone.
- Connect the phone to internet
- Install Magisk Manager ( MagiskManager-v7.2.0.apk ) on your phone.
- Open Magisk Manager – Settings
- Select Update Channel with Custom
- Insert a custom URL: https://github.com/topjohnwu/magisk_files/raw/a03d879d3512e2c0d49ca68b43344c9323dc8a4f/stable.json ( you can copy and pasti this link from txt file )
- Back to Magisk Home screen and swipe down, now you will see Latest Magisk version is v19.3 and Latest Magisk Manager is v7.2.0
- In Magisk Manager on Magisk : select Install → Install → Select and Patch a File
- Select the AP tar file. Magisk Manager will patch the whole firmware file and store the output to [Internal Storage]/Download/magisk_patched.tar. Copy magisk_patched.tar the tar file to your PC
- Reboot to Bootloader: Turn Power Off. Press and hold Volume Up key + Power Key, When Samsung Logo appears release Power Key only, keep pressing Volume Up key until Android Recovery Mode Appears. Select Reboot to bootloader. Connect the phone to PC using USB Cable.
- Flash magisk_patched.tar as AP in ODIN, together with the BL, CP and HOME_CSC files. Never flash only an AP file, as Odin can shrink your /data file-system if you do.
Important: Uncheck “Auto Reboot” in Options!
- Magisk is now successfully flashed to your device! Several steps before you can properly use the device.
- Full data wipe is mandatory! Do not skip this step.
Press and hold Volume Down + Power Key, when the screen blank quickly press and hold Volume Up + Power key, when Samsung Logo appears release Power key only, keep pressing Volume Up key in the Android Logo screen with text “Erasing”, when screen blank again Press and Hold Volume Up + Power key. When Samsung Logo appears release Power Key only, keep pressing Volume Up key until Android Recovery Mode Appears. Select Wipe data / Factory reset.
- This time to boot to the system with Magisk. Select Reboot system now, and immediately press the Volume Up + Power key, After seeing the bootloader warning screen, release all keys so it can boot to the system.
- After the device is booted up, do the usual initial setup. It need more time and patient. After finished, You will see Magisk Manager app in app drawer. If not, Install it manually.
- Connect the phone to Internet, If you can not see Magisk Manager, Install it manually and Open Magisk Manager. It will ask to do additional setups. Let it do its job and the app will automatically reboot your device.
- Done! You can use Root Checker to check it, Enjoy!
If something goes wrong and you want to unroot it, just flash the ROM to make it works again. Read How to flash Galaxy A50.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status !
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.