How to Root Samsung Galaxy A50s SM-A507FN CUB3-U5 Firmware One UI 2.5 Android 10, Android Security Patch Level 1 January 2021. It uses TWRP 3.5.0 ( patched magisk ). After flash TWRP Recovery you can Install custom ROM. It may be work for A50s variants SM-A507FN and SM-A5070. Read notes / Warning on the bottom of this post before flashing TWRP on your Samsung Galaxy A50s. Use it at your own risk! Follow the instruction carefully and Make sure to backup all your important data!
- Enable Developer Options: go to Settings -> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Enable OEM unlock and USB debugging options ( Settings -> Developer options )
- Make sure the bootloader are unlocked, If not read How to unlock Bootloader A50s
- Download and Extract ODIN v3.13.1 from https://odindownload.com/SamsungOdin/
- Download and Install Samsung Mobile Phone Drivers: http://developer.samsung.com/technical-doc/view.do?v=T000000117
- Download TWRP_3.5.0_A50s_Magisk.tar
- Download Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_03.04.2020.zip
Flashing TWRP Recovery :
- Make sure the bootloader are unlocked, OEM unlocking option is grey out
- Enter Download Mode : Turn Power Off. Press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down key together, while pressing these keys, connect the phone to computer, then press volume up once.
- Open ODIN, IMPORTANT!: Uncheck “Auto Reboot” in Options!
- Flashing TWRP_3.5.0_A50s_Magisk.tar as AP in ODIN,
- Click Start button
- Magisk is now successfully flashed to your device! Several steps before you can properly use the device.
- DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP! Press and hold Volume Down + Power Key, when the screen blank quickly press and hold Volume Up + Power key, when Samsung Logo appears release Power key only, keep pressing Volume Up key until TWRP Recovery Mode Appears.
- Select Wipe -> Format data, type ‘yes’ and confirm
- Select Install – select Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_01.14.2020.zip, Swipe to confirm Flash
- Select Reboot to System
- Force Restarting: When SAMSUNG logo appears wait for a few minutes or more then press and hold volume down + power key until the screen blank
- Setup the phone
- Make sure the bootloader are unlocked, OEM unlock option is grey out. Don’t restart the phone if you don’t see it.
- Install and Open Magisk Manager, Restart the phone If you stuck on the Magisk Manager installer and Re-install it again.
- Enter TWRP recovery : Turn Power Off. Press and hold Volume Up key + Power Key, When SAMSUNG logo appears release Power Key only, keep pressing Volume Up key until TWRP recovery appears.
- Select Reboot to – Recovery
- Make sure the phone Connected to Internet
- Open Magisk Manager, Cancel all “Requires Additional Setup”, Update Magisk Manager and Update Magisk then Select Reboot.
- Done! You can use Root Checker to check it, Enjoy!
Watch This Video!
If something goes wrong and you want to unroot it, just flash the ROM to make it works again. Read How to flash Galaxy A50s.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status !
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.