How to root Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro SM-J730G that runs Android 8.1.0 Oreo using ODIN software. Root files Included TWRP recovery for J7 Pro SM-J730G / SM-J730F, ODIN v3.13.1, Magisk by defexer, latest no-verity-opt-encrypt and RMM by pass. Read notes / Warning on the bottom of this post before perform root your Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro SM-J730G. Take it your own risk! Follow the instruction carefully and read the warning! Make sure to backup all your important data!
Step by step Rooting Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro SM-J730G Android 8.1.0 Oreo :
Tools that must be prepared:
- Enable Developer Options: go to Settings -> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Enable OEM unlock and USB debugging options ( Settings -> Developer options )
- Download and Extract ODIN v3.13.1 from https://odindownload.com/SamsungOdin/
- Download and Install Samsung Mobile Phone Drivers: http://developer.samsung.com/technical-doc/view.do?v=T000000117
- Download TWRP Recovery for Galaxy J7 Pro SM-J730G
- Download no-verity-opt-encrypt and RMM Bypass zip
- Download Magisk_2018-09-17_Defex.zip by defexer. It works for SM-J730G and SM-J730F
Install TWRP and Root file on Galaxy J7 Pro SM-J730G Android 8.1.0 Oreo
- Make sure your phone isn’t RMM Locked.
- Open ODIN software
- In Option make sure to ticked F.Reset Time only and disable Auto-Reboot.
- In Files Download ticked AP and pointing to the location of TWRP .tar file
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy and open Download Mode or ODIN Mode: To enter Download Mode Press and hold Volume Down key + Home Key, while pressing these keys Press and hold Power key, Release all key when Download / Odin mode appears.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy to PC using USB Cable and Press Volume Up key.
- Odin software will auto detect port of your device, after detected device, klik Start, wait for a moment.
- To get out of Download mode and Enter TWRP Recovery mode: Press and hold Volume Down + Home key while pressing these keys press and hold Power key and immediately press Volume Up key when the screen blanks while keep pressing Home key and Power key. Release all keys when TWRP Recovery appears.
- Once TWRP is booted, decrypt data partition touch Wipe>Format Data and follow the instructions in screen.
- WARNING!!! Don’t reboot to system after flashing TWRP, and that’s wrong since once you reboot to system after flashing TWRP and without flashing the RMM Bypass zip will immediately trigger RMM Prenormal lock.
- Once it finished go back at the home screen Install the no-verity-opt-encrypt and RMM Bypass zip (touch Install and select each zip to flash it)
- Install Magisk: select install and select Magisk_2018-09-17_Defex.zip
If for any reason you fail to install TWRP multiple times/different methods, make sure you check this thread and if something goes wrong and you want to flash the ROM visit this post How to flash ROM on SM-J730G.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status !
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.
Source: xda-developers forum