How to Root and flash TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro MIUI 11 Android 9 with Anti-brick Factory preloader. Before install TWRP, this phone has installed Anti-Brick Factory Preloader. It using TWRP Recovery 3.3.1-0924 Android 9 for Redmi Note 8 Pro by wzsx150. Tested on begoniain global V220.127.116.11.PGGINXM Android 9. It will not erase any data on internal storage, it does not need format or wipe data. Do this at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.. Before flash the TWRP, I suggest you download the stock rom to anticipate failed or something went wrong.
Download and Installed
- Android 9 installed if not, read How to Downgrade Redmi Note 8 Pro MIUI 11 Android 10 to Android 9
- Anti-brick Factory preloader: read How to Install Anti-brick factory preloader on Redmi Note 8 Pro Android 9
- Download TWRP Recovery for Android 9 Redmi Note 8 Pro and extract it to twrp9.img
Rooting and Flashing TWRP on Redmi Note 8 Pro:
Make sure the Redmi Note 8 Pro Bootloader is Unlocked, If not watch this video How to Unlock Bootloader Redmi note 8 pro
- Enabled USB Debugging on your phone
- Connect the phone to PC
- Copy twrp9.img to c:\platform-tools
- Run CMD command as Run as Administrator on your PC
- Change folder to c:\platform-tools
- type: ‘adb devices’ to check connection phone and pc
- type: ‘adb reboot bootloader’ ( boot phone to fastboot mode )
- type: ‘fastboot flash recovery twrp9.img’
- type: ‘fastboot reboot’
- Press and Hold volume Up + power key quickly when screen blank. When phone vibrate once, release power key only, keep pressing Volume Up until Factory Preloader appears
- Use volume up to select “Recovery Mode” and press Volume Down to confirm
- Change Language to English if appears
- Tap Mount thick system
- Tap Home – Advanced – File Manager
- navigate to system_root – system folders
- tap on recovery-from-boot.p file – tap delete it
- tap Home – Advanced – tap install root
- Tap Home – advanced – tap Close AVB2.0
- Thick only first option ( Close the boot Verification of AVB2.0 )
- Tap Home – Reboot – System
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Rooting will result in a void warranty
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.
Watch this video: