How to Install TWRP 3.3.1-2 on Galaxy A50 SM-A505GN that runs Android 9 Pie. Once you installed TWRP recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Galaxy A50 SM-A505G, you can customize it, Rooting or installing custom ROM and also customize your android system. Make sure to backup all your important data and Take it your own risk!
Step by step Installing TWRP 3.3.1-2 on Samsung Galaxy A50 SM-A505G Android 9 Pie :
- Enable Developer Options: go to Settings -> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Enable OEM unlock and USB debugging options ( Settings -> Developer options )
- Download and Extract ODIN v3.13.1 from https://odindownload.com/SamsungOdin/
- Download and Install Samsung Mobile Phone Drivers: http://developer.samsung.com/technical-doc/view.do?v=T000000117
- Download TWRP Recovery for Galaxy A50 SM-A505G
- Download Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_05.21.2019 and RMM-State_Bypass_Mesa_v2
- Copy all files to SD Card.
Install TWRP 3.3.1-2 on Galaxy A50 SM-A505G Android 9 Pie :
- Make sure your phone isn’t RMM Locked. If RMM Locked or you can not see OEM unlock options in Developer options.
- Open ODIN software
- In Option make sure to ticked F.Reset Time only and disable Auto-Reboot.
- In Files Download ticked AP and pointing to the location of TWRP .tar file
- Wipe data / Factory reset: Turn power off, press and hold Volume up + Power Key, when Samsung logo appears release all key. Select Wipe data / Factory reset and confirm. Select Reboot to Bootloader.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy to PC using USB Cable. Odin software will auto detect port of your device, after detected device, klik Start, wait for a moment.
- To get out of Download mode and Enter TWRP Recovery mode: Press and hold Volume Down + Power key, when screen blanks release Volume down only and quickly press Volume Up key. Release all keys when TWRP Recovery appears.
- Once TWRP is booted, decrypt data partition touch Wipe>Format Data and follow the instructions in screen. Once it finished go back at the home screen and touch Reboot>Recovery
- WARNING!!! Don’t reboot to system after flashing TWRP, and that’s wrong since once you reboot to system after flashing TWRP and without flashing the RMM Bypass zip will immediately trigger RMM Prenormal lock.
- Select Install – Select Storage – Micro SD Card, First install RMM-State_Bypass_Mesa_v2,
- Open Advanced – File manager and go to system/system and rename recovery-from-boot.p to recovery-from-boot.p.bak ( Make sure system is mounted )
- Install Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_05.21.2019
- Reboot to System it need more time.. just be patient!
If you get error message Security notice: “Unauthorized actions have been detected. Restart your device to undo any unauthorized changes” Just freeze SecurityLogAgent to fix it.
If something goes wrong and you want to unroot it, just flash the ROM to make it works again. Read How to flash Galaxy A50 SM-A505G.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status !
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.
Source: XDA-Developer Forum