How to flash TWRP on Samsung Galaxy A6 2018 SM-A600FN Android 9 Pie using ODIN software. Files Included TWRP recovery for Galaxy A6 2018 SM-A600FN, ODIN v3.13.1, Stable Magisk Version: v18.1, Magisk Manager Version: v7.1.1 ( for Rooting ), latest no-verity-opt-encrypt and RMM-State_Bypass_Mesa_v2. Read notes / Warning on the bottom of this post before perform root your Samsung Galaxy A6 2018. Take it your own risk! Follow the instruction carefully and read the warning! Make sure to backup all your important data!
Tools for Flashing TWRP on Samsung Galaxy A6 2018 Android 9 Pie :
- Enable Developer Options: go to Settings -> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Enable OEM unlock and USB debugging options ( Settings -> Developer options )
- Download and Extract ODIN v3.13.1 from https://odindownload.com/SamsungOdin/
- Download and Install Samsung Mobile Phone Drivers: http://developer.samsung.com/technical-doc/view.do?v=T000000117
- Download TWRP Recovery for Galaxy A6 2018
- Download no-verity-opt-encrypt and RMM-State_Bypass_Mesa_v2
- Download Stable Magisk Version: v18.1 ( Magisk-v18.1 ) and Magisk Manager Version: v7.1.1 ( for rooting ) at XDA-Developers Forum.
Flashing TWRP on Galaxy A6 2018 Android 9 Pie
- Make sure your phone isn’t RMM Locked. If RMM Locked or you can not see OEM unlock options in Developer options. Read How to Fix RMM state and OEM unlock option without wait 7 days / 168 hours.
- Open ODIN software
- In Option make sure to ticked F.Reset Time only and disable Auto-Reboot.
- In Files Download ticked AP and pointing to the location of TWRP .tar file
- Download Mode ( Turn Power off the phone, Press and hold Volume Up key + Power key, Release all key when Samsung Logo appears, select Reboot to Bootloader, Connect the phone to PC with USB Cable Data )
- Odin software will auto detect port of your device, after detected device, klik Start, wait for a moment.
- Once Odin3 finished to flash the recovery (you should see a “PASS” message), force reboot your phone ( Press and hold Volume Down and Power keys together ) and when the screen is off, press and hold Volume Up and Power keys together to boot TWRP Recovery mode.
- Once TWRP is booted, decrypt data partition touch Wipe>Format Data and follow the instructions in screen.
- WARNING!!! Don’t reboot to system after flashing TWRP, and that’s wrong since once you reboot to system after flashing TWRP and without flashing the RMM Bypass zip will immediately trigger RMM Prenormal lock.
- Go back to home screen then Reboot -> Recovery.
- Copy files RMM-State_Bypass_Mesa_v2, no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0, Magisk-v18.1 to the phone from computer.
- Install RMM-State_Bypass_Mesa_v2 first and then no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0 and Magisk-v18.1 ( you must install Magisk-v18.1 file to prevent boot loop, it does not make the phone rooted ). Follow the next step for rooting it.
- Reboot to system
- The phone will reboot and make sure the phone connected to the internet or triggers RMM State Prenormal.
- For rooting Read How to Root SM-A600FN Android 9 Pie Samsung Galaxy A6 2018
If for any reason you fail to install TWRP multiple times/different methods, make sure you check this thread and if something goes wrong and you want to flash the ROM visit this post How to flash ROM on Galaxy A6 2018.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status !
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.