How to Install TWRP 3.2.3 on Galaxy J6 SM-J600FN 2018 that runs Android 8.0.0 Oreo. Once you installed TWRP recovery on your Samsung Galaxy J6 SM-J600FN, you can customize it, Rooting or installing custom ROM and also customize your android system. Make sure to backup all your important data and Take it your own risk!
Step by step Installing TWRP 3.2.3 on Samsung Galaxy J6 SM-J600FN 2018 :
Prepare your device:
- Enable Developer Options: go to Settings -> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Enable OEM unlock and USB debugging options ( Settings -> Developer options )
- Download and Extract ODIN https://odindownload.com/SamsungOdin/
- Download and Install Samsung Mobile Phone Drivers: http://developer.samsung.com/technical-doc/view.do?v=T000000117
- Download TWRP Custom Recovery for Samsung Galaxy J6 2018
- Download no-verity-opt-encrypt and RMM-State_Bypass_Mesa_v2
Install TWRP 3.2.3 on Samsung Galaxy J6 SM-J600FN 2018
- Make sure your phone isn’t RMM Locked. If RMM Locked or you can not see OEM unlock options in Developer options. Read How to Fix RMM state and OEM unlock option without wait 7 days / 168 hours.
- Open ODIN software
- In Option make sure to ticked F.Reset Time only and disable Auto-Reboot.
- In Files Download ticked AP and pointing to the location of TWRP .tar file
- Connected USB Cable to PC
- Reboot Phone in Download Mode ( Turn Power off the phone, Press and hold Volume Down + Volume Up keys together then while pressing these keys connecting the phone to PC with USB Cable Data, release all keys when Download Mode appears. Press Volume Up to continue )
- Odin software will auto detect port of your device, after detected device, klik Start, wait for a moment.
- To get out of Download mode and Enter TWRP Recovery mode: Press and hold Volume Down + Power key when the screen blanks quickly press Volume Up key while keep pressing Power key. Release all keys when TWRP Recovery appears.
- Once TWRP is booted, decrypt data partition touch Wipe>Format Data and follow the instructions in screen.
- WARNING!!! Don’t reboot to system after flashing TWRP, and that’s wrong since once you reboot to system after flashing TWRP and without flashing the RMM Bypass zip will immediately trigger RMM Prenormal lock.
- Once it finished go back at the home screen and touch Reboot>Recovery. TWRP should be able to mount your data partition. Now copy the RMM-State_Bypass_Mesa_v2 and no-verity-opt-encrypt and flash them (touch Install and select RMM-State_Bypass_Mesa_v2 and then no-verity-opt-encrypt zip to flash it)
If for any reason you fail to install TWRP multiple times/different methods, make sure you check this thread
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status !
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.
Visit this forum for more details Source: xda-developers forum