How to Install TWRP 3.2.3-0 on Galaxy J7 Pro SM-J730G that runs Android 9 Pie. Once you installed TWRP recovery on your Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro SM-J730G, you can customize it, Rooting or installing custom ROM and also customize your android system. Make sure to backup all your important data and Take it your own risk! Visit this link TWRP for J7 Pro SM-J730F, SM-J730G and SM-J730GM.
Step by step Installing TWRP 3.2.3-0 on Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro SM-J730G Android 9 Pie :
- Enable Developer Options: go to Settings -> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Enable OEM unlock and USB debugging options ( Settings -> Developer options )
- Download and Extract ODIN v3.13.1 from https://odindownload.com/SamsungOdin/
- Download and Install Samsung Mobile Phone Drivers: http://developer.samsung.com/technical-doc/view.do?v=T000000117
- Download TWRP Recovery for Galaxy J7 Pro Galaxy J7 Pro SM-J730GM / SM-J730G / SM-J730F
- Download no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0 and RMM-State_Bypass_Mesa_v2
- Download Latest Stable Magisk and Latest Magisk Manager
- Copy all files to SD Card.
Install TWRP 3.2.3-0 on Galaxy J7 Pro SM-J730G Android 9 Pie :
- Make sure your phone isn’t RMM Locked. If RMM Locked or you can not see OEM unlock options in Developer options. Read How to Fix RMM state and OEM unlock option without wait 7 days / 168 hours.
- Open ODIN software
- In Option make sure to ticked F.Reset Time only and disable Auto-Reboot.
- In Files Download ticked AP and pointing to the location of TWRP .tar file
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy and open Download Mode or ODIN Mode: To enter Download Mode Press and hold Volume Down key + Home Key, while pressing these keys Press and hold Power key, Release all key when Download / Odin mode appears.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy to PC using USB Cable and Press Volume Up key.
- Odin software will auto detect port of your device, after detected device, klik Start, wait for a moment.
- To get out of Download mode and Enter TWRP Recovery mode: Press and hold Volume Down + Home key while pressing these keys press and hold Power key and immediately press Volume Up key when the screen blanks while keep pressing Home key and Power key. Release all keys when TWRP Recovery appears.
- Once TWRP is booted, decrypt data partition touch Wipe>Format Data and follow the instructions in screen.
- WARNING!!! Don’t reboot to system after flashing TWRP, and that’s wrong since once you reboot to system after flashing TWRP and without flashing the RMM Bypass zip will immediately trigger RMM Prenormal lock.
- Once it finished go back at the home screen and touch Reboot>Recovery.
- Select Install – Select Storage – Micro SD Card, First install RMM-State_Bypass_Mesa_v2, then no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0 and last Magisk ( you need to install Magisk to prevent bootloop, the device will not root until Magisk Manager App are installed )
- Reboot to System it need more time.. just be patient!
- If you want to root it read: Rooting SM-J730G Android 9 Pie with TWRP method.
If you get error message Security notice: “Unauthorized actions have been detected. Restart your device to undo any unauthorized changes” Just freeze SecurityLogAgent to fix it.
If something goes wrong and you want to unroot it, just flash the ROM to make it works again. Read How to flash Galaxy J7 Pro SM-J730G.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status !
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.