How to Flash CAOS v222 Android 10 Q on Samsung Galaxy A50. CAOS is Custom AOSP (Android Open Source Project ) v222 Android 10 Q. Version Information Status: Stable GSI ROM caos-v222-200808-arm64-bvN(AB). To install this Custom ROM, your phone must be installed TWRP Recovery. Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Your phone must be Installed TWRP Recovery for Android 10. If not, you can read TWRP 220.127.116.11 for Rooting Galaxy A50 Android 10 Q
- Download caos-v222-200808-arm64-bvN.img.xz ( extract it to get img file, use 7-zip )
- Download Open GAPPS open_gapps-arm64-10.0-nano-20200731.zip or latest ( If you need )
- Copy CAOS img and GApps to SD Card
How to Install CAOS rom on Samsung Galaxy A50:
- Enter TWRP Recovery Mode: Turn power off; Press and hold Volume Up key + Power key, when samsung logo appears release power key only, keep pressing volume up until TWRP recovery appears
- Select Wipe – Format Data – type “yes” and confirm
- Select Wipe – Advanced ( Dalvik, Cache, System ) Swipe to wipe
- Select Install ( If image file in SD Card: Select Storage – Micro SD card – OK ) – Install Image – select caos-v222-200808-arm64-bvN.img – thick “System Image” and Confirm to flash
- Select Reboot – System
- Setup the Phone
Install GApps and Rooting if necessary
- Enter TWRP Recovery
- Select Wipe – Advanced Wipe ( select “System” ) – Repair or Change File System – Resize File System – Swipe to Resize
- Select Mount – ( select “System, Vendor” ), Back to home
- Select Install ( If image file in SD Card: Select Storage – Micro SD card – OK ) – select open_gapps-arm64-10.0-nano-20200731.zip Swipe to confirm Flash
- Select Reboot – Recovery
- Connect the phone to Internet wait for a moment
- Install Magisk Manager. Magisk Manager will ask to do additional setups. Let it do its job and the app will automatically reboot your device.
- Done! You can use Root Checker to check it, Enjoy!
If you want to uninstall this custom ROM and back to stock ROM, just flash the stock ROM to your device. Flashing stock ROM will also uninstall TWRP Recovery and it will back to stock Android Recovery.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, flash custom rom and Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status!
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.
Watch this video: