How to root Samsung Galaxy A50 with Prish Kernel v2/N1. If you Reboot to Recovery on your Galaxy A50, the Prish Kernel will not stay but change to Custom recovery that installed on your Phone. I will show you how to root Galaxy A50 with Prish Kernel. It will works depend on custom recovery that you installed. Let’s do it! Use at your own risk.
- Your phone must be Installed TWRP Recovery for Android 10. If not, you can read TWRP 188.8.131.52 and Rooting Galaxy A50 Android 10 Q
- OrangeFox v1.3 for Galaxy A50 => OrangeFox-R11.0-Stable-a50dd.zip
STEP 1 : Patch OrangeFox with Magisk
- Extract OrangeFox-R11.0-Stable-a50dd.zip on your computer
- copy recovery.img to your phone in “Download” folder
- Open Magisk Manager, then Patch recovery.img
- copy magisk_patched.img to OrangeFox-R11.0-Stable-a50dd
- Go to OrangeFox-R11.0-Stable-a50dd folder
- Delete recovery.img
- Rename magisk_patched.img to recovery.img
- Repack all files in the folders to .zip using 7-zip ( you can named it “OrangeFox-R11.0-Stable-a50dd-Magisk.zip )
- Copy the zip file to your phone, you can put it on internal storage or SD Card
- Next step
STEP 2: Install and Root
- Enter TWRP Recovery Mode: Turn power off; Press and hold Volume Up key + Power key, when samsung logo appears release power key only, keep pressing volume up until TWRP recovery appears
- Select Install ( If file in SD Card: Select Storage – Micro SD card – OK ) – select OrangeFox-R11.0-Stable-a50dd-Magisk.zip Swipe to confirm Flash.
- After install finished, the phone will restart automatically, when the screen blank quickly Press and hold Volume Up key + Power key, when samsung logo appears release power key only, keep pressing volume up until OrangeFox recovery appears
- Select Menu – Reboot – Recovery
- Open Magisk Manager, Magisk installed ( rooted )
- Go to Settings – About – Software information, look for Kernel version, it should be used Prish Kernel
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, flash custom rom and Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status!
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.