TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy A50 SM-A505FN Android 10 Q. After flash TWRP Recovery you can use it for rooting your Galaxy A50 or Install custom ROM. It may be works for other variants SM-A505F, SM-A505FN, SM-A505GT, SM-A505GN, SM-A505G, SM-A505FM, SM-A505YN ( CONFIRMED ). Read notes / Warning on the bottom of this post before flashing TWRP on your Samsung Galaxy A50. Take it your own risk! Follow the instruction carefully and Make sure to backup all your important data!
Required preparation for Installing TWRP on Samsung Galaxy A50 SM-A505FN Android 10 Q
- Enable Developer Options: go to Settings -> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Enable OEM unlock and USB debugging options ( Settings -> Developer options )
- Make sure the bootloader are unlocked, If not read How to unlock Bootloader
- Download and Extract ODIN v3.13.1 from https://odindownload.com/SamsungOdin/
- Download and Install Samsung Mobile Phone Drivers: http://developer.samsung.com/technical-doc/view.do?v=T000000117
- Download Latest Magisk Manager ( If you want to root it )
- Download TWRP_A505_QQ_BTC4.tar ( magisk included ) original page on xda-developer you can find the link on the page.
- Download multidisabler-samsung-2.2.zip
Instruction for Installing TWRP on Galaxy A50 SM-A505FN Android 10 Q
- Make sure the bootloader are unlocked, OEM unlock option is grey out
- Enter Download Mode : Turn Power Off. Press and hold Volume Up key + Power Key, When Samsung Logo appears release Power Key only, keep pressing Volume Up key until Android Recovery Mode Appears. Select Wipe data/factory reset and confirm then Select Reboot to bootloader.
- Open ODIN, IMPORTANT!: Uncheck “Auto Reboot” in Options!
- Flashing TWRP_A505_QQ_BTC4.tar as AP in ODIN,
- Connect to the phone to computer, then click start.
- Magisk is now successfully flashed to your device! Several steps before you can properly use the device.
- DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP! Press and hold Volume Down + Power Key, when the screen blank quickly press and hold Volume Up + Power key, when Samsung Logo appears release Power key only, keep pressing Volume Up key until TWRP Recovery Mode Appears.
- Select Wipe -> Format data.
- Copy multidisabler-samsung-2.2.zip to phone and install it
- Select Reboot to Recovery ( If you stuck on Samsung logo, enter TWRP and reboot to system )
- Setup the phone
- Enter TWRP and Reboot to Recovery
- Connect the phone to Internet wait for a moment, make sure OEM unlock option is grey out
- Warning! If you got stuck on Samsung Logo, Please read this post How to Flash TWRP without Stuck on Samsung Logo.
If something goes wrong and you want to unroot it, just flash the ROM to make it works again. Read How to flash Galaxy A50 SM-A50.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status !
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.
Watch this video: