How to Flash FreshROMs v1.3.1S One UI 2.5 Android 10 on Samsung Galaxy A50. FreshROMs v1.3.1S is based on System base version: A50 stock rom and Vendor version: A505FNXXU6BUA1 (NFC) / A505FDDU6BUA8 (Non-NFC). It is developed by John Vincent (TenSeventy7) as FreshROMs Main Dev. FreshROMs comes with 2 version: NFC ( SM-A505FN / SM-A505GN ) and Non NFC support ( SM-A505F / SM-A505G ). To install this Custom ROM, your phone must be installed TWRP Custom Recovery. Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
FreshROMs v1.3.1S Final Changelogs:
Use separate vendors for non-NFC and NFC variants.
Update vendor to A505FNXXU6BUA1 (NFC) / A505FDDU6BUA8 (Non-NFC).
Update Magisk to 21.4.
Fsync and Software CRC Checking is enabled by default to alleviate “data corruption” and data loss concerns.
Re-patched mixer_paths and mixer_gains with changes from One UI 2.5. In-call audio is better.
Performance and battery improvement
Removed several Samsung and Google services from the power-saving whitelis
Force Google Play Services to “basic attest” SafetyNet. Enable MagiskHide to pass SafetyNet.
Apply ro.build.fingerprint in build.prop and init.rc.
Disable Rescue Party. Courtesy of phhusson and the Phh-Treble Project.
Disable strict mode logging. Courtesy of phhusson and the Phh-Treble Project.
Fix some Galaxy A50-specific configs from framework. It includes HQM and enabling page boost.
Flip Cover support has been (re-)added from stock firmware.
More camera features, including a full-featured Pro and Pro Video modes. Huge thanks to a7hmE1 for making this possible.
Fixed Scene Detection/Optimization in Camera.
Smart Scan has been added and is tested working.
- Apps and Services
Lock Screen Stories and Dynamic Lockscreen can now be used at the same time. This is only available for users on INS (India).
Added “LTE Only” network option to all OMCs. Please take precaution as a lot of carriers don’t have VoLTE services yet, which can cause inability to receive and send phone calls and/or messages.
- Your phone must be Installed TWRP Recovery for Android 10. If not, you can read TWRP v3.5.0 for Samsung Galaxy A50 Android 10 ( Recommended )
- Download FRSH-QP1A_a50dd_1.3.1S_20210221005_OFFICIAL.zip
- Download it based on your device variants ( NFC: SM-A505FN/SM-A505GN and Non NFC: SM-A505F/SM-A505G )
- Copy ROM to SD Card ( recommended )
How to Install FreshROMs v1.3.1S on Samsung Galaxy A50:
- Enter TWRP Recovery Mode: Turn power off; Press and hold Volume Up key + Power key, when samsung logo appears release power key only, keep pressing volume up until TWRP recovery appears
- Select Wipe – Format Data – type “yes” and confirm
- Select Wipe – Advanced ( Dalvik, Cache, System ) Swipe to wipe
- Select Install – select FRSH-QP1A_a50dd_1.3.1S_20210221005_OFFICIAL.zip, Swipe to confirm Flash
- Select Reboot – Recovery
- Setup the Phone
Rooting if necessary
- Connect the phone to Internet
- Open Magisk Manager, It will ask to do additional setups. Let it do its job and the app will automatically reboot your device.
- Done! You can use Root Checker to check it, Enjoy!
Watch this Video!
If you want to uninstall this custom ROM and back to stock ROM, just flash the stock ROM to your device. Flashing stock ROM will also uninstall TWRP Recovery and it will back to stock Android Recovery.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, flash custom rom and Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status!
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.